Vice Chair of Governors
Co-opted Governor: elected by the other members of the Governing Body
Term of office from 5 October 2021 to 4 October 2025
First appointed on 6 February 2014
I have been a Governor at Cranford Primary School since February 2014. I was first elected by the parents as a Parent Governor for a term of 4 years and subsequently I was co-opted by the other governors of the board. Currently I serve as the Chair for Finance Committee and Vice Chair for Board of Governors. I believe I have the right skills, qualifications and relevant experience which make me well equipped for this role.
I have an MBA from the University of Reading specialising in IT Strategy. I also have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (Specialising in CAD/CAM and Robotics) and a PG Diploma in Operations Management specialising in Information Management. I’m a PRINCE2 certified Project Manager.
I am a Co-Founder and Director of Tech VAT Ltd. My key skills are IT, Strategic Management, Finance, Project Management and Operations. I offer my consultancy services to my clients in IT and Management. All in all, I have around 28 years of corporate experience. In my previous roles in companies such as IBM, CSC and Tech Mahindra, I have mentored many young MBAs, Graduates and Apprentices and coached them to be successful Technology/Management Consultants.
I believe primary education is crucial as here, children build foundations for their academic future and careers. I would like to support the school in offering our children the necessary skills and knowledge required for 21st century demands. It’s vital that we ensure the school is providing a support system in achieving this.
As a Governor and Vice Chair I would:
- bring forth my corporate knowledge/experience; best practices followed in the industry;
- work enthusiastically with the fellow governors, chair, head teacher and her team in raising school standards;
- provide effective support and challenge the head teacher by gathering views, asking questions and discussing what's best for the school;
- make improvements to promote effective teaching & learning;
- make decisions on the school's budget and staffing including the performance management policy;
- make sure agreed curriculum is well taught;
- set strategic direction to the school without interfering with the day to day operations management which is left to the head teacher & her team;
- make sure the school provides for all pupils irrespective of the race, religion, gender, nationality, mother tongue, social status and including those with special needs.
Declaration of interest: None
Other governorships: None
Attendance at Governors meetings (for academic year 2021-2022): 100%